Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Little Guilty

Haha, it has been soo long since I wrote in this, it's alittle ridiculous. I feel as if I should write in here for hours just to make up for it.

But instead I will give the very briefest of overviews.


So the last time I wrote I finished going into detail about my fall trip in Italy. I have had two vacations since then. Christmas vacation started off by the ACA group visiting Strasbourg and Alsace, which definitely put us in the Christmas spirit with all of the Christmas markets. We also got a large amount of snow which ended up lasting us until January. I spent Christmas vacation with Stephanie, and we did a short tour of middle "eastern europe". Okay, so it wasn't that eastern. We visited Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Dresden, Leipzig, and Munich (in that order). My favorite city was probably Dresden, because it was a nice break from the really touristy, crowded huge cities. Oh yeah, and we spent New Years in Berlin at their huge New Years party under the Brandenburg Gate. It was crazy.

After Christmas break the weather was pretty dull around here, putting us all in a pretty somber mood. I mean come on, it get's kinda depressing after 10 days of only seeing white and grey and not being able to see past 300 feet. So I filled my time by studying chemistry for next year and doing random little creative things. So January passed. Oh no wait, we did do something. The middle/end of January we went skiing a couple times, and it was amazing. I would have to say that the alps have some pretty amazing snow.

The beginning of February wasn't much different, but it was gladly interrupted by another vacation. Again. But this one was only for a week (it was last week). Since I was wanting to give my account (and my parents account) a rest, I spent this vacation in Switzerland. I still had two days of travel on my pass from Christmas, so I used those two days going to Zurich, Bern, Luzern, and Lausanne. My vacation was amazing. Although it was bitter cold and there was still snow everywhere, I fell in love with Switzerland. It is absolutely gorgeous. The days I wasn't traveling I spent wandering Geneve, because I have realized that I don't really know well yet. But I found some awesome spots and awesome cafes which will be frequented in the future.


So, since I last wrote I've had alot of traveling coupled with sometimes unbearably boring days. I guess it all balances out in the end. I am kind of coming to a paradox though. On the one hand I really can't wait to go home and see my friends again and go back to a place that I truly understand everything about, but on the other hand, I've become quite attached to this city and this way of life... i.e. really easy school with very long meals and lots of free time.


Well spring is coming, and I can't wait for it to be nice out again. I shall write again. I promise.

No comments: